Of course I've adjusted the recipe to suit our tastes and budget. Here's my version of a super yummy and mouth watering curry -
400 - 500 grams of diced beef. I've used Oyster Blade or Casserole Beef
1 400ml tin of Coconut Cream or milk
1 packet of McCormick's Massaman Beef Curry ( Slow Cookers ).
5 medium potatoes cut into large cubes
1 1/2 cups of beans
2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
1 tin of boiling water
Turn the slow cooker on high and spray with olive oil or canola oil
Brown the diced beef in a fry pan then add to the slow cooker
Add the diced potato to the slow cooker next then add the other vegetables
In a medium bowl mix together 1 tin of coconut cream and 2/3 of the packet of Massaman Beef curry mix and 1 tin of boiling water. A whisk is best used to combine these ingredients.
Pour the liquid into the slow cooker making sure there is enough liquid to almost cover everything. Add a little more boiling water if needed.
Cook on high for 8 - 10 hours until the potato is soft.
Serve with rice.
Serves 6 - 7
* Any vegetables can be added or substituted in the slow cooker although I think the potato is a must have.
* I use the cheapest coconut cream available or you can use coconut milk.
* I only use 2/3 of the packet because we found the recipe mix to be very strong in flavour and heat. Keep the opened packet in a sealed container or use a clip to seal it.
* Leftovers are portioned into takeaway food containers with a serve of rice to make it a complete meal.
* Can be frozen for 6 + months. Defrost in the fridge then reheat leftovers in the microwave. Add a little water if needed during the reheat process.
* Cut the beef into small cube so that it stretches further. .
* I paid $1.50 for the packet mix. I'm sure it will be much cheaper in Winter.
|This is the packet I used.|