I've started making Jessica's invitations using what I already have on hand. A list of food is forming in my mind and will be put down on paper next week. Jessica has decided on an afternoon tea with family and close friends. I can't wait to get out the lace table cloth, cake stands and vintage plates to pretty up our dining table.
Darren has started painting the timber door trims a lovely alabaster white. I must say I'm glad to get rid of the timber and go with a fresh look just in time for the party.
Here's my frugal list for this week -
* Washed and reused a few snap lock bags over and over again. Although I try not to use disposable plastic, sometimes the snap lock bags are handy space savers when out and about.
* Jessica used one of the gift vouchers from her engagement party. It was for a clothing and homewares clearance store local to us. She was able to get lots of great things in the discounted section helping her gift card stretch further.
* Refilled the hand wash pumps around the home with diluted shower gel.
* Gratefully received a couple of glass jars. I'm thinking of filling them with homemade hot chocolate drink mix, decorating them and adding a pretty spoon. They'll make great presents.
* Watered the mango plants with water saved In the kitchen ( water bottles etc ).
* Fed the compost with kitchen scraps. It's almost time for Darren to empty one of the bins into a veggie garden bed.
* Made chicken stock in the slow cooker with a carcass. I then turned it into a delicious chunky chicken and veg soup for dinner the next night. I then froze four single serves for future dinners.
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags.
* Picked a couple of bunches of white roses from the garden. Used small juice bottles and jam jars as vases.
* Sorted out the sauces in the fridge and wrote a list of ones getting low. I'll now wait until they come on sale before I restock.
* Saved the washing machine and shower water to help reduce our water usage in the washing machine..
* Gave the pantry a mini sort out. Started making notes of items to stockpile over the coming months ready for Jessica and Eugene as well as our family home. I'll wait until some of the items come on sale like tinned soup ( for casseroles ), tinned tuna, savoury biscuits, baking items, foil and cling wrap and cleaning cloths.
* Donated a bag of clothes and household goods to Savers and received a discount stamp.
|In the garden|
|Chunky chicken and veg soup|
|Enjoying the cooler weather and our blankets.|
|Saving the washing machine water.|