* Froze two single serves of leftovers.
* Closed the heating vents and doors in my girl's bedrooms when they weren't home. Turned their power points off too.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Picked up some paint swatches ( cards ) from Bunnings to use in my card making.
* Filled up the dish washing detergent bottle and diluted the liquid. I noticed the pump was starting to break. I found a replacement out in my garden shed. I keep a bags of spare bottles, pumps and spray bottles as I never know when I'll need them.
* Made a pot of soup for dinner one night using chicken stock I'd made in the slow cooker. The chicken carcass used was from the catering job back in May. I think I still have another 8 - 10 carcasses left in the freezer. They make a very cheap meal.
* We started running out of cardboard boxes for packing up our kitchen, bookcases and fragile items. Bunnings was a great source of free boxes.
* When Jessica was packing up her room, she found a pile of envelopes. I cut them up ready to use to make some cards.
* Saved the shower warm up water for the washing machine. Saved the washing machine water for each next load. Saved water from the kitchen tap ( washing hands etc ) to rinse and soak the saucepans.
* Picked the first broccoli head of the season from our garden. Very yummy indeed.
* Made a batch of gravy powder.
* Gratefully received a fuel discount docket in the mail. Thankyou Tania xoxo.
* Made lots of cards to sell to a friend.
|My temporary kitchen.|
|Trying to have everything I'll need for two weeks|
|Making the most of under the dining table|
What did you do this week to save time, money and energy ?