Wednesday 15 September 2021

Homemade Laundry Liquid

 Just recently I thought I'd make laundry liquid for a change.  I've been making laundry powder for more than 10 years and although it's great,  I do get powder residue on the clothes from time to time  

After doing some research on YouTube I gave it a go a few months ago and have been quite happy with the results.  Keep in mind Darren and I do not have filthy,  grotty clothes and if we do have stains,  I treat them with Miracle Spray.

Here's the recipe I've come up with

400 grams of finely zested pure laundry soap

2 cups of bi carb of soda

2 cups of washing soda

1 cup of laundry soaker powder ( I used Aldi Di San brand )

Lots of water


In a large saucepan place the zested laundry soap and 2 litres of hot water.

Place the saucepan on a low heat and stir until the soap has dissolved.

Take the saucepan off the heat and pour into a 20 litre bucket.

Add 10 litres of warm to hot water and add all the other ingredients

Stir until well combined then add cold water until it reaches almost to the top of the bucket.

Stir well.

Half fill up 2 litre plastic bottles with the laundry liquid and top up with cold water. I used old vinegar bottles.

Give the bottles a good shake to combine.


TO USE-

Give the bottle a good shake then pour about 150 - 200 mls of liquid to your load of washing.


Soap and water dissolving in a saucepan

Some of the ingredients

Have you made laundry liquid before ?

Do you have a recipe to share ?


4 comments:

  1. HI Wendy where do you buy your washing soda from ?thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this ok in a front loader? TA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard people are using it in their front loaders with no problem. You'll need to use less than a top loader.

      Delete
  3. Oooo this is amazing Wendy thanks for this
    Anne Marie Grams

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.