Darren and I try to stay busy each day with various tasks around our home and garden. Spring arrived this month but we've had many days of high winds and cold weather. Still, we try to get outside each day even if it's just to do an inspection of the garden to see what's happening.
Darren is now staying home every day due to the current lockdowns and the effects they've had on the hospitality industry he works in. We are making the most of this situation by finishing off small home maintenance jobs, painting trims, doors and our bedroom. I'll be spending more time crafting and posting various handmade items for sale on my Facebook pages in the lead up to Christmas.
Here's what else we've been up to -
* Cleaned the dishwasher using bi carb and vinegar.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Made pita chips for snacking.
* Made plum sauce for the first time in 20 years. I used the plums from the freezer that my Dad gave me last Summer.
* Made chicken stock in the slow cooker then turned it into a big saucepan of chunky chicken and vegetable soup. We had some for dinner that night and the rest was divided into single serves and frozen.
* Made tomato relish using tomatoes we grew last Summer and froze. We will be giving some of the relish and plum sauce as presents. Some will be consumed by ourselves and a few will be sold to a friend.
* Baked and sold chocolate choc chip muffins to a friend who needed them for a couple of vulnerable family members.
* Sold a few jars of homemade jam and tomato relish to a friend who requested them.
* Sprayed white vinegar on a couple of bathroom towels that were getting a bit smelly. I let them sit for about 10 minutes while I sorted out the washing then washed and line dried them. They now smell like the great outdoors.
* Took a few more cuttings of plants in our garden. I'm not sure of the names ( other than lavender ) but I will post photos when they grow.
* Darren planted out many flower and vegetable seeds from the Woolworths seed give away ( 2019 / 2020 ). He is pleased to announce that many of them have sprouted. When you can't go to Bunnings to select and buy plants, you make the most of what you have on hand.
* Saved the washing machine rinse water and shower warm up water and poured it all into the washing machine.
* Used old bread bags to line our bathroom bins. This saves me from washing the bin inserts.