Monday 25 May 2015

How To Make Gift Tags.

As most of my readers would know,  I've recently taken up card making .  I love being creative and especially if it's frugal.  Annabel from The Bluebirds Are Nesting recently sent me some blank gift tags to decorate.   I used the pictures I'd collected from magazines,  brochures and a rose book I found at my local op shop.



I started with the blank gift tag or scrap bit of card or card stock. Megan found an art sketch pad in her room and gave it to me.  She needed it for school a couple of years ago and only used a few pages. The card in this is perfect for making cards and gift tags.  Next I choose a picture to use and cut it to size if the picture was too large.  I used my trusty glue stick to stick the picture to the tag.



If the picture is too small,  use a scrap piece of lace or ribbon to fill in the space at the bottom of the tag.  You could add extra embellishments in the way of a bow,  sticker or a little bit of bling.



To make a tie to attach the tag to a present,  use little bits of ribbon,  lace,  material or cut up lace curtains.  I save every piece of ribbon or lace that comes into my home.  It could be from a present,  a toiletry gift box or the ribbons found inside clothing.  This ribbon is for retail shops to hang the clothes on coat hangers. Perfect for gift tags.



Gift tags are wonderful to attach to a gift bag,  wrapped present or a homemade bag / tin of biscuits.




I hope this gives you some inspiration to make your own gift tags.  They only cost a few cents each to make and can really jazz up a present.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for this step by step tutorial ... it is just what I needed to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely Wendy! I find gift tags very handy. Also you can call them a bookmark and pop into a card as a little gift, maybe with a verse or sentiment on the back. And they make a homemade food gift look nice or a jar or jam look special. These little tags are surprisingly expensive too.
    It is great fun being creative but this is a huge money saver too. Win win! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annabel, I have a box of gift tags ready to use for presents. Handy to have.

      Delete
  3. Hi Wendy, beautiful gift tags! Today i bought two books from Savers that have beautiful pictures of flowers. I also bought a book which has cheeky pictures of pussy cats getting up to all sorts of mischief and some are quite masculine. Let the card and gift tag making begin,xxx
    Maureen

    P.S : I saw heaps of Card making magazine at my Savers, i hadn't seen these before, there were some good ideas in these and i spent abit of time looking through them for ideas. Very expensive to buy these if you buy new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have card making magazines at our local Savers. They are very cheap compared to retail but full of ads. I still have a good look though.

      Delete
  4. Love these very much Wendy. You have a good eye for the photo-ribbon combinations. That gingham is so pretty. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy,
    I thought I were the only one who saved the ribbon out of clothing,I always cut them off as I find them quite annoying when wearing the clothes.These little ribbons come in handy when I'm scrapbooking or making cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are annoying but handy for other things.

      Delete
  6. These are so cute Wendy.

    I knew I had been saving my bits of ribbon for a reason, I have heaps!

    I really must get moving and start making my own cards and gift tags. I have found some lovely pictures from magazines to use so there is enough reason to get started.

    Hope you have a lovely week,
    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, I picked some tags up at the $2 shop the other day to decorate. Yours look really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! So very sweet to keep on hand!

    Happy highways,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley, I now have a box of them. It's so easy to pull one out and tie it to a gift..

      Delete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.