* Collected six brown paper bags from the Sovereign Hill shopping trip. I asked the family to get one each time they shopped. I'll be recycling them and giving them a makeover
* Cut up three cereal packets to put between chops and hamburger patties when I freeze them
* Used a Coles gift card that was given to us to buy our holiday food.
* We bought as much food and snacks as we could from home to save us money on our holiday to Ballarat.
* We used holiday spending money to eat out when we were in Ballarat. Nothing was put on credit.
* Kept the curtains closed on hot days.
* Picked a small handful of raspberries and a few strawberries each day.
* Sold some eggs.
* Filled up both cars with petrol when it came down to $1.12 per litre then used a discount docket to get another 4 cents a litre off.
* Cut out lots of images to use in card making and gift wrapping. These images were freebies from some card making brochures.
* Made lots of pita chips.
* Made dried bread crumbs from saved up bread crusts in the freezer
* Darren and I made some Christmas cards using what i had on hand. This is our first year of making Christmas cards, so they are a little basic. We'll get better as we get more ideas ( and time ).
* Blessed my friend Cath with a raspberry plant Darren grew from a cutting. I wrapped it up using saved plastic from store bought flowers. Cath loved it and can't wait to pick her own raspberries next year. These plants retail for $15 in Bunnings. I also gave her a bunch of hydrangeas from our garden ( her fav. flower ).
* Stocked up on half price grocery specials of batteries.and crumbed fish.
* Picked silverbeet for one meal.
* Gratefully received some zucchinis and cranberries from Cath.
* Found some balls of Bendigo Mill 100% cotton for $3.60 and some netting for knitting padded coat hangers also for $3.60. I used my discount card to get the price down from $3.99 each. The netting will be also used to make bows for cards and other craft.
* Did the usual water saving tasks for the washing machine, shower and kitchen sink.
|Our Christmas cards|
|Home grown raspberry plant|
|Gift bags and tissue paper from Sovereign Hill|
|Cut outs from freebies|
|Op shop finds|
What was on your frugal list for the week ?