* Made a batch of vanilla yoghurt using a frozen starter.
* Picked a handful of beans every few days. I started freezing them for future meals.
* Made a big batch of pita chips.
* Made chocolate truffles to go to a New Years Eve party. I used homemade sweetened condensed milk from the freezer.
* Gratefully accepted a bag of shredded paper for my chickens.
* My family ate leftovers for dinner two nights running after Christmas. By doing this, we didn't waste any food.
* Both the girls took advantage of the sales and bought some presents for next year. I was so proud of them for thinking ahead and saving some money.
* I bought lots of hand towels from Spotlight for $4.19 a pack of four. I also bought some Christmas material at 60% off to sew on the towels.
* Used scraps of material to make some other hand towels into presents too. I was on a roll and made 14 in one afternoon.
* .Made two large dishes of zucchini slice with the last of the zucchinis from Cath. The slice was cut into single portions and frozen.
* Picked a couple of handfuls of strawberries. Jessica enjoyed some with the homemade yoghurt.
* Bought a Tupperware lidded container from the op shop for $4.50 It looks new so I'll give it a wash and fill it up with homemade biscuits to give as a present. Tied with a matching bow, it will look beautiful.
* Megan got her ears pierced ( seconds ) and handed over a coupon she found online for $5 off. So proud of her for researching this herself.
* I used a Spotlight gift card ( Christmas present ) to buy a big pad of 120 Christmas papers for half price. This will be great for card making.. I also found some craft ribbon at 75% off.
|Our Christmas Eve platter|
|Leg of lamb with rosemary from the garden|
|Our lunch table|
|Megan's custard tarts with our raspberries|
|Jessica's present she wrapped.Annabel style|
|Op shop bargain|
|Decorated towels for girts|
|Bargain Christmas material|
What was on your frugal list for the week ?