* Hemmed the jeans I bought from Savers a couple of weeks ago.
* Cut up the plastic cereal bag to use as go between for separating crumpets, chops, hamburger patties and single serves of frozen soups.
* Fed the compost bin everyday with kitchen scraps and teabags / tea leaves.
* Fed handfuls of weeds to the chickens.
* Juiced lots of lemons and froze the juice.
* Made chicken stock in the slow cooker then made a big pot of chunky chicken and vegetable soup. Froze some of the soup for lunches, fed the three of us for dinner and a large amount went to church for a soup lunch last Sunday.
* Froze single serves of dinner leftovers.
* Froze tomato paste from an opened jar into icecube trays. They are now in a plastic container in the freezer to use in casseroles and spag bol. This is a great way to use up every last drop.
* Wrote a menu plan for the next six weeks.
* Gratefully received another blessing of lemons, mandarins and carrots from a friend who had too many.
* Received our water bill and saved about $60 compared to the same time last year.
* Kept the heater off all day Tuesday and Friday due to the sunny weather.
* Descaled the kettle using citric acid.
* Saved the washing machine water, the shower warm up water and drink bottle water to reuse around the house.
|Using up bits and pieces from the fridge|
|Tomato paste ice cubes|
|Drying the washing on the shower rail|