* Cleaned ( descaled ) the kettle using citric acid and water.
* Cleaned the dishwasher using bi carb and vinegar on a long hot cycle.
* Made a pot of chunky chicken and veggie soup using homemade stock from the freezer.
* Bought a couple of pairs of jeans and a scarf from Savers and used a 20% discount stamp. I always save the 205 off stamp for bigger purchases to maximise the savings.
* Made a bread pudding in the slow cooker using our chicken's eggs, bread crusts and a little jar of jam from a hotel breakfast. It was a delicious dessert that was almost free.
* Took snacks and lunches to my cleaning jobs to save money ( and to eat healthier ).
* Gratefully received a bag of lemons from a friend.
* Made another pot of chicken stock from a store bought cooked chicken. The stock has been frozen for future soup making.
* We had our annual family outing to the football at the MCG on Monday ( AFL ). To save money we took snacks and water bottles with us. I did buy a bucket of chips for my lunch which cost $4.50.
* Made a double batch of cranberry hootycreek biscuit dough. From that dough I made 1 1/2 dozen biscuits for morning teas and the rest of the dough was frozen into logs for future baking.
|Chunky chicken soup for dinner|
|Cranberry hootycreek biscuits|
|Luka at his first AFL ( football ) game.|
|Making bread pudding in the slow cooker.|