Wednesday 26 February 2020

Rice Salad

Last year it was our turn to host Christmas lunch for my extended family.  With Australia having warm Christmas Days,  I try to keep this in mind when organising the menu.  I wanted to try a rice salad for a change but didn't have a recipe.  After doing a Google search and blending a couple of recipes,  I came up with the following.  It was a hit with the family and a few days later I made it again when we had a heat wave.

1 1/2 cups of uncooked rice
!/2 red Capsicum finely diced
1 medium Carrot, grated
1 small Cucumber finely diced
1 Celery stalk finely diced
1/2 cup of Raisins, chopped
1/4 cup of crushed Cashews - optional

DRESSING -

1/3 cup of Olive Oil
2 Tb Soy Sauce
1 Tb Lemon Juice
2 Tb Honey
1 Tb Dijon Mustard
1 Tsp dried Ginger

Wash and drain the rice.
Cook as per packet instructions
Once rice has cooled,  place in an extra large bowl.
Add capsicum,  carrot,  cucumber, celery, and raisins to the rice and mix well.
In a small jar add all the dressing ingredients and place the lid on.
Shake well and add to the rice mixture. Spoon the dressing through until well combined
Serve cold.  I serve the cashews on the side for people to help themselves

Serves 6 - 8 as a side dish.



4 comments:

  1. I have never tried to make my own rice salad but I am going to try this, it looks easy and delicious. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. May try that sometime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I will give this a try Wendy .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That recipe looks to be a keeper Wendy!Very budget friendly too.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.