* Gratefully received some raisin bread, a few slices of fruit cake, a couple of sandwiches, breakfast muffins, bread rolls, dried soup mix, dried onion flakes and lentils.
* Continued to pick a handful of raspberries each day.
* Darren planted silver beet, beetroot, lettuce and broccoli into a prepared veg garden bed. He's added lots of coffee grounds to the soil and turned it over a few times. I must say, the garden smells lovely.
* Gratefully received a 15 kilo bucket of white bread flour mix from a facebook follower . My girls love white bread and I don't like buying the supermarket bread. Now I can make my own and hide a few extras in the mix.
* Gratefully received some glass jars from my sister inlaw. I love receiving glass jars as they hold so much potential. I could use them for jam, relish, lemon butter, dry mixes or biscuits. A great way to recycle as I use them any times over.
* Found and bought some plain card stock in Spotlight on sale for 35 cents a sheet. I can get at least two cards per sheet making them very cheap.
* Made lavender air freshener for the toilet. Here are the instructions
* Saved the shower warm up water each day. Some was poured into the washing machine. The rest was poured into a watering can and used on my mango plants.
* Saved the washing machine water when possible for the next load. I don't save water from a dark load of washing because it's not suitable to use for a white load the next day.
* Sold a jar of jam and a dozen eggs.
* Picked the last of the tomatoes before Darren pulled them out.
* Made 20 hamburger patties for the freezer.
* Made more dried bread crumbs from bread crusts. The crumbs will eventually be made into seasoned bread crumbs when the container gets low.
* Bought 4 punnets of blueberries for $1 each. They have been washed and frozen in snap lock bags to be added to muffins.
|Mango trees grown from seed. They are 2 years old.|
|Our tallest one is about 50 cms.|
|Raspberries I pick each day.|
|Bargain blue berries|
|Princess smooching my laptop screen.|
|Hello Mum. I'm cute !!!|
|She just likes being near me.|
|Ready to freeze.|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?