* Gratefully received two bunches of rhubarb, a small bag of passionfruit, lots of cardstock and cardboard at the Crafty Mums card making day.
* Froze lots of plums that were given to us. I've frozen them into 1.5 kg bags to make more plum jam later in the year.
* Picked a handful of raspberries each day. These have been frozen to make muffins.
* Stocked up on Pineocleen disinfectant, Glen 20, hair gel and Saladas ( a treat ) all bought at half price.
* Bought petrol at $1.15 per litre
* Bought lamb chops at $7.99 kg. I've portioned them into single and double chops and froze. This will make meal planning a little easier. Sometimes we don't know who will be home for dinner.
* Picked about 600 g of strawberries from our patch.
* Saved the shower and washing machine water.
* Due to the cooler weather we didn't have the cooling or heating on for many days. Yes, it was cold enough to put the heater on but due to our heater needing a service and parts, this wasn't an option. We even dug out blankets a few times.
* Donated two bags of clothes to Savers and received a discount stamp.
* Filled in a form for compensation due to our freezer failing ( it had a melt down - hehehe ). Hopefully the cheque will arrive next week.
* Sold two dozen eggs.
* Megan made a batch of raspberry and white choc muffins using our raspberries.
* Picked one tomato each day. Hopefully we'll be picking lots more each day. I'm busting to make another batch of tomato relish.
* Carried muesli bars and a bottle of water in my handbag when I was out and about. I've avoided cafes and shopping centres by doing this and saving a small fortune.
* Darren fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps and grass clippings.
|From the garden|
|In the kitchen with Megan|
|A delightful afternoon tea.|