We had some news that there could be further cuts to Darren's work hours in the next few weeks. So I went back to the drawing board again to make further cuts to our budget. Our budget now consists of paying bills, buying food and petrol and getting a haircut every now and then. That's it. Presents,,pocket money ( not that it was much ) and chemist have now been cut from the budget.
Thankfully we already had a little money put aside for these categories but now we'll have to stretch it until things improve. Maybe everyone will get handmade soap and jars of jam for presents, I also have money put aside for wedding related expenses which is a big relief.
Here's my frugal list for the week -
* Gratefully received a big bag of organic beans. These have been cut up and frozen for future meals.
* Stayed away from the shops as much as possible and only bought wedding related items ( money from the wedding fund ).
* Sold three dozen eggs.
* Sold two jars of peach jam with an order for more in a couple of weeks. This is the cleaning client who buys my baking. She's also buying a couple of my handmade soaps too. In a few weeks I'll have a catering order for sausage rolls, mini quiches, lemon slice and maybe a few other items. God knows our needs and he's providing opportunities to earn a little money.
* Picked lots of tomatoes from the garden and cooked and froze them. That's another 15 cans worth of tomatoes.
* Fed the compost bins with kitchen scraps.
* Saved the shower water and poured it into the washing machine. It's mostly Darren and I home now and we can get by on 3 loads of washing a week.
* Gratefully received a bag of groceries from a dear friend who wanted to help us. Thanks again for your kindness M.
* Cooked up a leg of lamb I'd been hoarding in the freezer. Darren and I had a roast that night. Jessica and Eugene ate some when they got home from their engagement photo shoot. The rest of the meat was portioned into containers and frozen for another 3 meals for Darren and I.. Lamb is still considered a luxury in our home so we'll ration the treat out until next Spring when hopefully it will come on sale again.
* The Crafty Mums came over last Saturday for a card making day. We had lots of afternoon tea leftover so I froze what I could. We also had a swap table and I received a few craft bits and pieces.
* Made a bottle of Miracle Spray and sold it.
* Sold a few items in my blog shop.
* Picked a bunch of white roses from our garden to put on display in the main bathroom. I used a small glass juice bottle as a vase.
* Used the dry mop to sweep the bamboo floors instead of vacuuming.
* Picked raspberries and froze them. I also picked cucumbers and beans.
* Wrote a menu plan for the next three weeks. I concentrated on using items from our freezer to make space.
* Made a pot of creamed rice using ingredients given to us.
* Gratefully received three cans of flavoured mineral water as a freebie promotion in the shopping centre.
|From the garden|
|Roses for the bathroom ( at the end of their life )|
|Freebies from the shopping centre|
|Making creamed rice for dessert.|