Here's my frugal list for the week -
* Made lemon slice and chocolate truffles for Jessica's 21st birthday party.
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags. They were used for wrapping meat, lining bathroom bins and for scooping up kitty poop.
* Kept the heater off as much as possible when the Sun was shining.
* Stockpiled toothpaste at $2 a tube and teabags 200 for $4.99. I now have enough toothpaste for 2 years and tea for 2 1/2 years.
* Dried most of the washing on the line. Some things were finished in the dryer. Darren is still painting so clothes horses would get in the way.
* Cooked all meals from scratch except Jessica's birthday dinner. We went to a local restaurant to celebrate.
* Fed the compost bin and worm farm with kitchen scraps.
* Started using the door snake at the front door to prevent the cold air coming in.
* Put the Winter doona on our bed. With the temperature dropping overnight, we won't be tempted to turn the heater up.
* Jessica and I were in Kmart just as a staff member was filling up the discount trolleys. Jessica picked up a stainless steel kettle for $17 and a couple of jumpers for $8. I picked up a few makeup / toiletry goodies to go in the girl's Christmas stockings. I also bought clips to seal chip and biscuit packets for 75 cents a pack. I bought lots for us to use and some will be put in the present cupboard.
* Saved water in the shower, washing machine and kitchen sink.
* Bought lots of butter from NQR for $3.69 for 500g. I've put a few blocks in the fridge and the rest went into the freezer. $3.69 is a bargain price considering butter increases in price just about every week and is now selling for $5.10.
|Drying the washing for free|