* Served homemade yummies of slices, scones with my jam, sandwiches, mini quiches and sausage rolls at Jessica's high tea birthday party.
* Made a paper doily bunting for the party using supplies I already had on hand
* Ate leftovers from the party for dinner that night.
* Made This And That Pasta Dish using bits and pieces from the fridge. An almost free meal for three people.
* Stocked up on tinned soups to use in casseroles. I now have enough for the next 2 - 3 years. They are on sale in Coles for $1 a tin until next Tuesday..
* Dried all the washing on the line. We've had some great weather in Melbourne this week. Considering it's Winter, I feel blessed to have sunshine on my wash days.
* Took snacks and lunch with me when I was at cleaning jobs. When I have food in my tummy I can resist the takeaway option.
* Used the shower warm up water to water our mango plants.
* Fed lots of weeds, grass and bread to the chickens.
* Combined all my errands and supermarket visits when I was travelling home from cleaning jobs.
* Jessica bought plain vanilla cakes from the supermarket and turned them into a beautiful birthday cake for her party. I think she did a fabulous job.
* Used containers for all leftovers instead of using cling wrap.
* Gratefully received lots of muffins leftover from Jessica's work. I cut them in half and froze them in recycled bread bags.
|Jessica's birthday cake|
|The birthday girl.|
|Some of the party food.|
|This week's stockpile item.|
A radio interview I taped last month went to air recently. If you didn't see the link on my Facebook pages, here it is