Wednesday 18 July 2018

Getting The Most Out Of A Toothpaste Tube

Do you have squeezers and twisters of toothpaste tubes in your home ?  Do you find it frustrating when a tube is in the bin when others think there's no more to squeeze ( but you know otherwise ) ?

Here are a few simple ways to get more out of the tube

!.
Place the tube in both of your hands.  One hand at the top,  one at the bottom
Starting at the bottom end of the tube,  run it over the edge of a bench until you reach the top.
This should push all the toothpaste to the top of the tube.

2.
Once you can't get any more from the tube after completing the above,  cut the top of the tube off.
Dig your toothbrush in.  There might be another couple of portions left.

3.
Keep squeezing the toothpaste to the top of the tube every few days.  The squeezers and twisters in the family will see that there is more toothpaste to use.  If you leave it until the tube has been twisted to billyo,  they'll just throw it in the bin when you are not looking,
.


8 comments:

  1. I always slice my tubes open at the end! There's at least a few days' worth left in there, and there's no need to waste it. I've seen people put one of those black office clips at the end of a tube of toothpaste, too, in order to keep the paste more toward the opening. It's not a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Wendy,
    Great tips! I had to smile because my husband is amazed at how I can still get toothpaste out of a tube he is ready to throw away.
    Love, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the clip thingys to seal packets. Works a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy,
    I run the flat side of my toothbrush handle along to tube to bring all the toothpaste to the top of the tube and I always cut the tube open once I can’t get any more out. My mum used to do it too, there is always at least enough for two more brushes. Have a lovely evening,
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy, I opened a "finished" tube of toothpaste tonight and will get a few washes out of what's left.
    Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can brush my teeth twice a day for a week after DH decides we need a new tube!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live alone, so I have no excuses for not getting every bit out of a tube of toothpaste, or tomato sauce, or garlic paste, etc. I got a plastic thing which you put the end of the tube through, you pull it toward the top of the tube evenly, and it squishes any excess upward. Before I got that (about $1), I used the black office clip too - but it didn't always hold the folds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the one that gets the empty tubes. I cut them open and use them for several days. Same goes for lotions.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.