Here's how I saved money this week -
* Gratefully received some delicious mandarins from a friend's tree.
* Made a few baby cards with supplies I had on hand. They will be put into baby packages to sell in my blog shop.
* Gratefully received a gift card to replace a packet of biscuits that were damaged. I contacted the company to let them know about the damaged biscuits which resulted in them discovering a fault in their production line. With the gift card I was able to buy 2 packets of biscuits.
* Darren filled up our cars with petrol at $1.33 just as the price jumped to $1.59.
* Closed the curtains on dreary overcast days and kept them open when the sun was shining. This helped the house temperature to stay at 18 degrees Celsius most days without the heater on.
* Bought two legs of lamb at $7.99 kg. Lamb doesn't seem to get much cheaper than this.
* Did some ironing for a cleaning client that earned myself some extra money.
* Fed the compost bins with kitchen scraps and tea leaves.
* Redeemed $10 worth of Flybuys points onto our card. We are saving the money for our next holiday so we can buy our groceries for free.
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags. Some have been used to line the bathroom bins, some were used for wrapping food for the freezer and others were used to store soft plastics to recycle.
* Dried the washing in the bathrooms over the ducted heating vents. Only the sheets went into the dryer.
* Signed up to the NBN with a cheaper monthly deal than what we usually pay for the internet.
* Ate leftovers from the freezer a couple of nights for dinner.
* Took soup from home on the days I had lots of cleaning work.
* Redeemed $40 worth of Coles vouchers for doing surveys.
|Princess snuggling Jessica's teddy bear.|
|Baby card I made|
|Damaged biscuits. Some of the others were broken too.|