Making November your planning and doing month will give you peace of mind and a chance to put your feet up while others are running around in December.
Here's a list of tasks to complete in November while you have the free time.
* If you haven't already done so, write out your Christmas list and budget for each person.
* Check your present cupboard to see if you have any presents put aside. Allocate the presents to your list.
* If you are planning on a hand made Christmas, make a list of gifts to make and start making. Bath bombs, shortbreads, tote bags, aprons ( bbq and kitchen ), hanging hand towels, knitted dish cloths and soaps are all fairly easy to make. If you are going to make soap, use the hot process so the soaps set in a couple of days, ready to wrap and give.
* Check your wrapping box. Do you need sticky tape, tags, paper, card or ribbon ?
* Write a few Christmas cards each day. Send overseas cards by the end of November.
* Make and freeze biscuit / cookie dough ready to bake last minute presents. The dough is great to have on standby for ' take a plate ' functions.
* Build up your stockpile of freezer meals or single portions in readiness for those crazy December days.
* Plan your Christmas Day / Eve meals. Start buying ingredients when you see them on sale ( especially lollies and chocolates ).
* Menu plan to the best of your ability for December allowing for functions on the calendar. This will help to put your mind at ease. Remember, a menu plan is not set in stone. Swap meals around when things pop up.
* Fill in your calendar when invitations arrive. The rule in our house is - " If it's not on the calendar, it's not happening ".
* Pull out the Christmas tree and decorations. Inspect for damage and plan to buy or replace before mid December. In recent years, retailers get rid of their Christmas stock well before the big day,. If you are looking for decos on Christmas Eve, you might be disappointed.
* Most importantly, start present shopping. The quicker you get it done, the more time you'll have to relax.
|Get supplies ready|
|Check your decorations|
|Wrap as you buy|