Wednesday 6 May 2020

Abundant Cottage Adventures Tuesday 5th May 2020

Megan and I made a trip to Chadstone shopping centre to do some Mother's Day shopping.  We were under the impression that lots of shops were going to be open.  Unfortunately only the majors and a handful of smaller shops were open.  So Megan and I made the most of the outing and walked  a  couple of laps of the entire centre to get some exercise.  Here's what else we did -

*  I made pita chips in the oven using pita bread.

*  Did a load of washing and hung most of it on clothes horses outside under the deck.  It was a lovely sunny day and slightly warm.

*  Did a quick whiz around with the dry mop on the bamboo floors.  When I don't have time to get the vacuum out,  the dry mop is a quick and easy way to sweep up the fluff and dirt.

*  Darren was called in to work for the first time in 7 or 8 weeks.  He said it was good to be back at the cafe helping. When he came home he did some more work on the new garden bed he built.

*  Butterflied lamb cooked in the slow cooker was on the menu for dinner.  I served it over a bed of mash with steamed veg.

Pita chips

Are you organised for Mother's Day on Sunday ?


3 comments:

  1. I have bought mum two books and ordered her some flowers. This is easy as Beth's fiancé works at a flower farm. I want to find something for Mia to give to her mother.

    Yesterday Mia and I were managing to have a great day. Her uncle played ball and hiding games with her. She used chalk on the concrete. We planted some herbs, tomatoes and for fun peas. I don't know how the peas will go but there were a perfect choice because she could recognise the peas. Then all went very wrong with a tumble and trip to hospital to have her head checked and some staples applied. I have to admit I flat out lied to her mother as Pip was shaking and so upset. It was very deep cut but as Mia says, "All washed, all clean, all fixed."

    I am very happy to report that Mia had an excellent night and a very quiet but happy day. The little book I sent with her had kept her well entertained. It was a colour in book of princesses. It had a water marker to release the colours. Definitely worth $4 as he kept her entertained and busy. I also have to commend the staff at the Lady Cilento Children's Hospital. It was all calm and collected and peaceful for the poor little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy love your blog. I get inspiration from it and hubby and I (during lockdown) love watching Packed to the Rafters together here in the U.S thanks to you. I hope this finds you and yours safe and healthy. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are enjoying Packed To The Rafters. The actors who play Dave and Julie are very well known Aussie actors who had starring roles in other hit tv shows before they filmed this series together.

      Delete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.