* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread.
* Saved some bread bags and reused them as bin liners.
* Made four batches of Anzac biscuit dough for the freezer. Some of this will be baked to go with a few Christmas presents.
* Started picking a handful of strawberries each day.
* Darren picked the first few beans on Friday.
* Saved water in the washing machine and showers.
* Had the heater off for most of the week. With good weather and tradies in and out of our house, it wasn't worth having it on for long.
* Our Christmas tree is a little low to the ground. It can be a bit hard to put many presents under it so Darren solved the problem. He built a timber box to lift the tree up. He used timber off cuts he already had.
* I went shopping early this week to find something nice to wear for the tv story. I couldn't find anything I liked. Nothing fitted right or it looked too fancy. So I spent zero dollars and wore something from my wardrobe.
* The family ate freezer meals one night while I was away.
* Sold a few freezer meals to a cleaning client.
* When I was away I ordered breakfast each morning. The toast basket came with four cute little jars of assorted jams and honey. I bought home all the jas ( used and unused ) These will be used to put homemade lip balm in. Cath from Cheapskates put a recipe on her blog a while ago and Jessica wants to make some during the school holidays.
|Home grown strawberries|
|Freebie jams and honey|
|Free jars to put lip balm in.|
|Darren's Christmas tree box|
|Our first year for cherries|
|First crop of beans|
|Our first zucchini for the year|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?