Here's my frugal list for the week -
* Made pizzas for tea on Sunday night. They are so much better and more filling than any store bought or takeaway.
* Dried all washing on the line and clothes horses.
* Planted dwarf bush bean seedlings we'd grown from seed. Darren also planted some more seeds to plant out later.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread.
* Baked lots of raspberry and white chocolate muffins. I sold some to a cleaning client which covered the costs for us to eat some for free.
* Cooked enough spag bol for 16 individual serves and also sold them to a cleaning client.
* I made chunky beef and veg soup with two slices of roast beef that were left over from a meal. It made ten good serves and these were all sold to my cleaning client.
* Made lots and lots of hamburger patties. Some were sold to my cleaning client. The rest were frozen for us to eat as an almost free meal.
* Baked two chocolate brownies. One was to go to a Cup Day party. The other one was eaten by the family with a few pieces frozen for later.
* Accepted some tomato plants from my Dad.
* Made lemon butter with our chooks eggs and lemon juice I froze from our lemons.
* Made vanilla yoghurt from scratch using some yoghurt I froze as a starter. This is the first time it's worked using frozen ( then defrosted ) yoghurt. I was very happy and so was the family.
* Picked iceberg roses to put in the loungeroom. Darren picked a bunch for a friend who was hosting a cup day bbq. Darren also picked a beautiful pink rose for my bed side table. It smells so lovely and I can smell it as I'm going to sleep and waking up.
* Bought more Morning Fresh dishwashing liquid at Coles for $1.75 each. I didn't really need any but I had the room.
* Saved water from the showers to water the vegetable seeds and seedlings.
* Saved water from the washing machine for the next load.
* Used the two light rule in the house where possible. At times we only have one light on. On the rare occasion we have no lights on.
|Raspberry and white chocolate muffins|
|The rose Darren picked for me.|
|Slicing the bread for the freezer.|
|Peanut butter choc chip biscuits.|
|A feijoa flower|
|We are hoping to get feijoa fruit next March / April.|
|Princess hiding in the strawberry patch|
|She likes to watch the birdies.|