A big hello to blog reader Nicole. I was in Savers on Monday standing in the queue to pay for my bargain finds when a young lady came over to me to tell me she reads my blog all the time and loves it. I was thrilled that Nicole took the time to say hello and show me her baby. If I'd had the chance I would have loved to talk longer.
If you ever see me out and about ( Savers is a good bet ) please come and say hello. I just love to hear your saving stories. It really does make my day. xoxo
Here's what else I got up to this week -
* Picked another bunch of lavender from the garden to dry. This will be used to make lavender soap and lavender sachets as presents.
* Picked beans, strawberries, tomatoes and raspberries each day.
* Bought three tops from Savers at their 50% off sale. Darren and the girls also made a start on buying their Winter wardrobe. Megan found two pairs of jeans, a couple of jumpers / jackets and a few tops and a hand bag for a grand total of $25. She was very happy with her haul. Even Darren who doesn't like clothes shopping found two new shirts for $3 each.
* Bought more knitting / crochet cotton at Savers for a total of $6 less 10% discount. One of the balls usually retails for $6 each.
* Knitted two dish cloths. I've put them away for when I get my new kitchen.
* Darren bought a hay bale for $5.50 ( half price ). We had an album launch at our church and hay bales were used for the occasion.
* Cut and froze lots of beans.
* Made a quadruple batch of laundry powder.
* Filled up all the cars with discount dockets to get the petrol at $0.97 a litre.
* Froze leftover tuna pasta bake.
* Gratefully received some colored paper scraps at the Cheapskates card making day. I also made the most of the equipment being shared and cut out lots of shapes to make more cards.
* Gratefully received a fuel discount docket in the mail from a blog reader.
|Flowers for Jessica from a friend to cheer her up.|
|Aren't they beautiful ? Miniature roses.|
|A present from Cath - my favourite store bought biscuits.|
|My op shop finds|
|More op shop finds.|
|Making laundry powder in bulk.|
|A pumpkin growing in our garden.|
|Knitted dish cloths.|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?