2 large zucchinis,
1 large carrot,
1 large potato
A couple of pieces of pumpkin ( optional ).
2/3 cup of plain flour
Salt, pepper, garlic granules or powder to taste
1 tablespoon of chives or parsley ( dried or fresh )
1 tablespoon of onion flakes or 1/2 a finely diced fresh onion
Grate the zucchini, carrot, potato and pumpkin.
Squeeze all the juice from the grated veggies
Place all the grated veggies into a large bowl and mix together.
Add the eggs, flour and seasonings and mix well
Place into a large greased oven / casserole dish and pat down with your hand..
Top with grated cheese and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 1 hour.
* This recipe is interchangeable. Any veggie listed can be increased or deleted depending on what you have on hand
* Using a food processor makes light work of all the grating.
* This recipe is easy to double or triple if you have an abundance of zucchinis.
* I sometimes add ham or bacon but this does increase the cost of the slice..
* Can be frozen. I cut up into portion sizes, and place squares of cut up cereal packet between each slice. Then cling wrap and place in a freezer bag.
* Keeps for up to one year in the freezer or 48 hours in the fridge.
|Slabs of zucchini slice|