* Went to the Spotlight 30% off sale to purchase some card making items on my watch and wish list.
* Picked raspberries each day.
* Made a birthday card for my Dad using what I had on hand. I also finished off the cards I made at the Cheapskates card making day. I'll post the pictures shortly.
* Dried the washing on clothes horses and the line.
* I made a pasta bake with 250 grams of mince that served 5 people plus three serves of leftovers for the freezer.
* During our mini heatwave we kept the curtains closed with the evap cooling on medium and used the electric fans ( cheaper than evap cooling on full strength ). Overnight we kept the cooling on the lowest fan setting which gave us a great night's sleep. By doing this the house stayed cool during the morning heat the next day and we didn't have to turn the cooling up any higher.
* Saved the washing machine water for each next load.
* Topped up my car with petrol at 93 cents a litre just as all the other petrol stations put their price up to $1.20 a litre.
* Cut up a cereal packet to use as go between for hamburger patties etc.
* Made 8 jars of plum jam with fruit given to us.
* Redeemed the last of my Woolworths rain checks for chicken drumsticks at $1.98 a kilo. I think I have enough drumsticks in the freezer for another year.
* I only went to the supermarket to get 3 litres of milk, chicken drumsticks and choc melts. We are still living off our Summer stockpile. Any grocery money left over is going into the grocery slush fund each month.
* Lined the bathroom bins with bread bags.
* Picked a handful of yellow pear tomatoes. These tomatoes seem to pop up in the veg garden each Summer.
|Dad's birthday card.|
|The raspberries are slowing down|
|Lining the bathroom bins|
|Yellow pear tomatoes|
|Plum jam to add to my jam stockpile.|
What was on your frugal list this week ?