* Made an whole orange cake for a Mother's Day lunch at my Mum and Dad's place.
* Gratefully received a bag of silverbeet. Asian greens and Spring onions from my Dad's garden. They were added to three meals this week
* Saved some shower water to use in the washing machine.
* Dried the washing on clothes horses when I could.; Some things had to be dried in the dryer. To offset the dryer expense, I kept the heater and laptop off a little longer.
* Megan made me a Mother's Day card from herself and Jessica using my card making supplies. The girls also reused some tissue paper and a gift bag for the presents ( which I saved to reuse again ).
* We had takeaway fish and chips on Tuesday night that was budgeted for from our treat fund.
* When to Savers to donate more household items ( got my discount stamp ). I found a savings book I'd been looking for the last couple of years. It only cost me $3.60 but retails for $20.
* Filled up my car with petrol just before the price went up and used a discount stamp.
* Started using a thermos to stored boiled water in during the day. I fill and boil the kettle in the morning, make a cuppa then pour the rest of the water into the thermos. There's enough water in there for a couple of cuppas or to use at dinnertime to cook the potatoes / veggies.
* I gained another regular cleaning job. The extra money will help me save for a new car sometime in the future.
* Made a bottle of Miracle Spray and sold it to my new cleaning client.
* Saved the cereal packet liner and cut it into squares to use as go between for crumpets and frozen soup portions.
* Darren picked a couple of roses from the garden for my Mother's Day breakfast tray.
* Made a tuna casserole on Thursday night. The recipe needs cooked rice so I cooked enough for three casseroles at the same time and froze the other two portions for future casseroles.
|In my home|
|Our silverbeet is almost ready to pick|
|Cupcakes my sister made for a Mother's Day lunch at Mum's.|
|Our rosemary bush is doing well.|
|Color in our garden.|
What frugal tasks did you achieve this week ?