* Put all the pot plants out in the rain for a good ' free " drink. Praise God for the drenching rain.
* Gratefully accepted one large tray of cooked chicken pieces, 18 chicken carcasses, a bag of bread rolls and a big bowl of potato salad from a catering job I helped at. All the carcasses were frozen to make soup some time in the future. The meat was divided into 5 meal sizes and frozen as well.
* I wrote out a menu plan for the first time since October last year. Life was way too busy and unpredictable to stick to a menu plan during that time. Now that we are in a new routine, it feels great to know what we are eating ahead of time.
* Cleared the shelf in two supermarkets to stock up on toothpaste. I bought about 30 tubes on sale for $1.30 a 147g tube.
* Refilled the foaming hand wash dispensers in the kitchen and both bathrooms. I also refilled all the spray bottles with Miracle Spray.
* Dried the washing on the line when windy and on the clothes horses over a ducted heating vent when it was cold outside.
* Reused bread bags to line the girl's bathroom bin. I also used bread bags for the outer wrapping on the chicken carcasses.
* Started picking lemons from our tree. WOO HOO !!! The juicing season has started.
* Picked a few raspberries and our three feijoas fell of the tree with the high winds we had this week. At least the feijoas grew a little bigger this year. Ohhh to have a tree full of fruit. Hopefully that will come in a few years.
* Kept the curtains wide open when the sun was shining. This reduced the need for the heater to be on.
* The family ate leftovers twice this week. Mince pasta bake seems to go a long way.
* Cut up the inside of three envelopes to use for making cards. They were all different shades of blue.
* Saved the washing machine water for each next load. Saved the kitchen water to soak pots and swish out the crumbs in the sink.
* Used a netting curtain bought at the op shop to tie bows on the Mother's Day presents.
* Gratefully received a fuel docket in the mail. Thankyou Tania xoxo
* Opened a jar of tomato paste to use in a dish then froze the rest into an ice cube tray. No waste !!!
|My mountain of toothpaste.|
|From the garden.|
|Netting used as a bow.|
|Chicken carcasses and chicken pieces blessing.|
|Mountain of carcasses ready to freeze.|
|Mango trees getting a drink.|
|Raspberry plants in the rain.|