* Sold four dozen eggs. It looks like 3 of our 4 chicken are now laying again. During Winter we were down to one chicken laying.
* Gratefully received lots of card making supplies from a couple of friends. I've already started using the new supplies to make more cards.
* Saved the washing machine water for each next load.
* Did my monthly food shopping on Thursday and stuck to the list. I've started stockpiling for Summer and the holiday season. Because of the extra buying, I need to be really careful to stick to the list so I don't over spend my grocery budget of $250 per month.
* Froze 4 serves of chicken curry. It was only the three of us home for dinner that night so thee was more than the usual leftovers. If you're ever after a REALLY budget friendly meal, chicken curry is certainly cheap to make.
* Bought 2 trays of sausages marked down by 20%. I've portioned them into meal sizes and frozen for Spring /Summer bbqs.
* Recycled a gift bag for a gift and gave a handmade card for a birthday.
* Fed new Spring grass, weeds and bread crusts to the chickens.
* Darren gratefully received three avocados from a friend.
* Jessica made sugar biscuits for a party she went to. She also made potato and leek soup to take to Uni for her lunch.
* ENERGY SAVING TASKS -
- Turned lights off around the house. Some night's Darren and I just had the light from the tv on.
- Closed the ducted heating vent and doors to the girl's bedrooms when they weren't home.
- Dried most of the clothes on coat hangers and clothes horses
- Turned the standby lights off appliances when we finished using them.
- Put lids on saucepans to reduce gas usage.
- Closed the curtains when the sun went down ( or just before )
- Boiled the kettle to make cuppas then used the rest of the water to wash the dishes.
- Hand washed the dinner dishes when there wasn't enough for the dishwasher.
|Flowers Megan bought me two weeks ago. Still going strong.|
|Jessica's potato and leek soup.|
|A new card coming soon to my blog shop.|
|Christmas coffee up card.|