Here's how we saved money this week -
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Dried all the washing on the line and clothes horses.
* Hand washed the dinner dishes most nights instead of putting the dishwasher on. Most nights it was just Daren and I home for dinner.
* Refilled the dishwashing detergent bottle and diluted it by about 30% ( and put the pump back on ).
* Used the two light rule as much as possible and turned standby lights off when I saw them. With electricity prices about to rise ( yet again ) I'll be rereading the utilities posts I've written over the last couple of years.
* Picked hydrangeas from the garden to pretty up the kitchen. The photo below doesn't fully show their intense color
* Froze leftover chop suey into single serves.
* Took lunch, water and snacks to my cleaning jobs to prevent the takeaway urge.
* Darren went to the movies for free using the movie money / points he's been saving. Darren books movie tickets for our girls because he gets a good price through Telstra. The girls pay him back but he accumulates the points. He tells me he has enough for another free ticket.
* Saved lots of tissue paper from some department store purchases. Most of it had little Christmas tree on it.
* Saved the shower warm up water and washing machine rinse water. Lots of it was poured on the hydrangeas to prevent them from dying in the heat.
* Fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps.
* Picked raspberries, loganberries, lettuce and cucumbers from our garden.
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags.
* Gratefully received a bag of glass jars from a friend. He'd been saving them for me. Before I know it, jam making season will be upon me and I'll need the jars.
* Sold a couple of sets of Christmas angels and wreaths.
|Jessica bought Princess a Christmas hat.|
|Our Christmas card Darren and I made this year.|
|Hydrangeas from the garden|