Earlier in the week I surprised Darren with a two night stay in the city. I booked this 13 months ago and saved like crazy by doing extra cleaning jobs, selling jam and baking as well as trimming the budget here and there. We had a wonderful time exploring the city and viewing all the Christmas displays and lights
Here's our frugal list for the week -
* Picked three cucumbers from the garden. This is a real bonus for us. We've tried to grow them in the past but the plants either died, the flowers fell off or the tiny cucumbers shrivelled up and died. The punnet of three seedlings cost $3. With cucumbers costing about $2 each, we are already saving money.
* Made yoghurt using a sachet that was given to us.
* Mended a couple of fitted sheets. The seams in the corners were coming apart.
* Picked lots of loganberries.
* Took up one pair of jeans and one pair of trousers for Darren.
* Picked lettuce from the garden for three meals.
* Used the last of a lipstick and eyeliner. When I say " the last " I mean every last drop.
* Darren bought his work shoes at the Rebel Sports 20% off storewide sale. When he got to the counter he received a 40% discount because that particular brand also had 20% off.
* Darren purchased some new shorts when Myer had 30% off. When he got to the counter and swiped his Myer One card he got another 10% off. He then used a gift card he got through Velocity Rewards so he really didn't pay anything.
* Picked the first raspberries of the season. I've started freezing them to make jam in a couple of months.
* Sold two dozen eggs.
* Sold two jars of jam with an order for a few more.
* Sold lots of angel decorations and wreath decorations.
* Gratefully received some glass jars.
* Baked some biscuits to give as early Christmas presents. They were placed in a cellophane bag and tied with a recycled ribbon.
* Saved a couple of gift bags and organza bags from presents.
* Made gift tags from recycled Christmas cards.
|From the garden|
|Our new Christmas display|
|The first raspberries of the season.|