Last Saturday's Community Helping Hand Day went really well. Although we thought we wouldn't have enough toys to give out, we ended up with plenty and some leftovers. As a church we are very grateful for the opportunity to bless those in need. It took about 4 days for Darren to recover and to start feeling like himself again.
Here's how we saved money this week -
* Gratefully received a $100 gift card as compensation for the food we lost when our fridge / freezer played up.
* Picked lettuce for a few salad dinners.
* Made a batch of homemade soap. Some will be for gifts and the rest we'll use ourselves.
* Dried all the washing on clothes horses out in the sun or on the line.
* Picked Loganberries each day and froze them.
* Both Darren and I made the most of the Black Friday sales and gift cards to purchase a few items of clothes we needed.
* Made a 2 litre bottle of double strength Miracle Spray.
* Refilled all the foaming hand wash pumps with diluted shower gel. I know it sounds like I do this every few weeks but we do wash our hands a fair bit due to all the work we do around our home. We also stay fairly healthy by washing our hands on a regular basis.
* Kept the curtains closed on warmer days. I only turned the cooling on late in the afternoon.
* Ate a couple of meals of leftovers from the freezer on nights it was just Darren and I at home.
* Gratefully received the biscuit / cookie cutters I won. Now to do some baking.
* Poured the shower warm up water on a few plants in the garden.
* Darren found three shirts ( some were good brands ) and a new pair of jeans at Savers op shop. He also used his student card to get 20% off.
|Darren loves his reindeer decorations|
|Princess guarding Darren's cherry tree from the birdies|
|The cookie cutter prize I won|