* Made two batches of double strength Miracle Spray. I double all the ingredients into a two litre bottle then top up with water. When it's decanted into a spray bottle I dilute it down to normal strength.
* Made lots of sausage rolls and mini quiches for a catering order. While I was at it I made enough for Jessica's 21st birthday party and froze them.
* Had the heater off for half the week when the weather was mild. When the cold weather hit, we kept the curtains closed and closed the doors to unused bedrooms.
* Redeemed the voucher for a cooked chicken from Coles.
* Fed the compost bin with lots of kitchen scraps and used tea leaves.
* Fed lettuce leaves and bread crusts to the chickens.
* Made a big pot of vegetable soup. I included broccoli and cauliflower stalks to help thicken it up. Both Jessica and Megan were given two single serves to freeze. Darren and I ate some then we froze another six single serves.
* Picked a handful of feijoas. Unfortunately we won't be getting a good crop this year. Still, I'm very grateful for the few mouthfuls I'll get.
* Picked white roses from our garden to brighten up the kitchen.
* Ate freezer meals ( leftovers ) one night.
* Converted $10 worth of Flybuys points into money.
* Used $20 worth of vouchers from surveys to buy some groceries.
* Found lots of great bargains in the op shop to help both girls set up their kitchens. It's amazing how many new or near new items are donated to op shops.
|My small Feijoa haul.|
|Op shop finds|
|From the garden|
|In the kitchen.|