Here's my frugal list fro the week -
* Made lots of soap using this recipe.
* Sold one dozen eggs, a lemon slice, mini quiches and sausage rolls for the catering order I spoke about last week.
* Made raspberry and white chocolate muffins using raspberries from our garden last season. Both girls received some for their freezers and for Uni snacks. Darren and I will enjoy the rest.
* Baked cranberry hootycreek biscuits for a Mother's Day afternoon tea using biscuit dough I'd frozen.
* Secured a better discount with our electricity and gas provider. We are now receiving 34% discount on both from Energy Australia. The old discount was 30% on electricity and 18% on gas. We will also be receiving a $50 credit on both bills for signing up to the new deal..
* Saved lots of shower water and poured it into the washing machine.
* Made up two bottles of room spray. One was for our use and the other was for a present. This time I used lemon myrtle essential oil.
* Received a refund letter from Cole regarding the fish that had been frozen.
* Placed blankets around our home to use on the cold nights. No need to turn the heater back on later at night when watching tv.
* Received our water bill and it's decreased by almost $50 from the same time last year. If only I could decrease all the service charges.
* Dug out a saucepan steamer insert and started using it to steam our veggies each night. I've been putting it over the potatoes or rice when it's cooking. Cheaper than using the microwave.
* Closed the curtains earlier each night to help the ducted heating work more efficiently.
* Gratefully received a few home grown tomatoes from a friend.
* Gratefully received lots of glass jars from my parents. They are a great size for jam making.
* Dried most of the washing on clotheshorses with only the sheets and work tea towels going in the dryer.
|Flowers for Mother's Day|
|Latest batch of soap|
|Raspberry and white choc muffins|
|Princess doesn't want me to go away|
|She'll sleep anywhere|