Saturday 26 October 2024

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 26th October 2024

 It hasn't been a super frugal week since last weekend.  There are some weeks lots of things need to be done or made.  Other weeks I look back and wonder if any money was saved.  Some tasks have become second nature to us and we don't think twice about them.  This was one of those weeks.

Each week I keep a piece of paper on our fridge and jot down all the thrifty things we've done.  It gives us a sense of achievement and motivates us to find more thrifty things to do.

Here's our list for the week - 

*  I picked a bunch of flowers from our garden.  While flowers bought from a florist or supermarket are quite pretty,  they are super expensive and quite often don't last more than 5 days.  I love having fresh flowers in our home as much as possible.  Growing them ourselves means I can pick the colors I like,  when I like with little to no cost.

*  I made a double batch of muesli bars for our morning teas.  Darren was getting quite worried when he took the last one from the jar in the pantry the other day.   We still have a few store bought bars on hand but we don't like them.  They are way too sweet and sickly for our tastes.  They are the generic brand ones from Woolworths that I bought about 6 months ago in a bid to cut costs ( before I discovered the great recipe I now use ).  Maybe the grandkids will like them.

*  I dried all the washing on the line and clothes horses.  We've had a few rainy days this week so I popped the clothes horses outside under the pergola.

*  We saved the shower warm up water each day and used it to water lots of plants outside.  

*  We used the solar lanterns each night to light up our loungeroom.

*  I baked three loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.  I used recycled bread bags and tags to freeze the bread.

*  We picked sugar snap peas,  lettuce,  silverbeet and lemons from our garden.

*  A couple of weeks ago I mentioned I had bought a mirror from Savers op shop for $15.  Over the last 10 days I repaired a small dent and painted the frame.  The paint came from Kmart on clearance for $1 and I probably used 50 cents worth.

*  We took Luka and Bryson to Gardenworld to see the dinosaurs.  It was free entertainment for them and we bought an orange tree.

LINKS -

Crunchy Muesli Bars

Wholemeal Bread With Extra Goodness

Handmade soap


A ' loaf ' of handmade soap


The mirror I painted

Flowers from our garden

                                                 

                                                                  A trip to Gardenworld





How have you saved time,  money or energy this week ?


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.