* Made wholemeal bread rolls using this recipe Wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Made the french onion soup mix stretch by adding lots of ingredients to two packets of the no name variety. By doing this we are limiting the " unknown " ingredients we consume.
* Topped up the mint sauce bottle with malt vinegar and a little sugar dissolved in water.
* Made gravy mix by using this recipe. Gravy powder
* Made lavender room spray by using this recipe Making your own air freshener
* Made peanut butter choc chip biscuits, chocolate choc chip muffins and muesli bar slice for lunch boxes
* Bought a bag of ribbons and lace for $2.80 from Savers at their 30% off sale. These will be used to decorate cards.
* Topped up the seasoned bread crumbs with some wheat bix crumbs from the bottom of the packet.
* Made a big pot of chunky chicken and veg soup with homemade stock and about 150 grams of chicken. The soup gave us eight serves. A very cheap meal.
* Cut up the wheat bix cereal bag to use as go between for freezing chops and hamburger patties etc etc,
* Dried as much washing as possible on the clothes horses. Darren was able to dry a load on the line. Only a few things went in the dryer this week.
* Gratefully received some chocolate cake, parsley and glass jars from a few friends.
* Picked up a a top at the Savers 30% off sale.
* Jessica decided to go through her clothes and do a big clean out. She filled up 4 bags to go to the op shop. Before the clothes were donated I had a look to see if there was anything I could wear. I was able to find three tops.
* Used some bread bags to line the bathroom bins.
* Diluted the girl's shampoo and conditioner.
|Wholemeal bread rolls.|
|Lavender room spray|
|Chunky chicken and veg soup.|
|Peanut butter choc chip biscuits - one of my favourite|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?