* Dug up the wayward raspberry plants and re-potted them. If they survive, I'll be giving some as presents.
* Made up a birthday present for a friend using things I had on hand. I gave a jar of tomato relish and a couple of packs of cards I'd made.
* Made a big pot of curried sausage casserole out of sausages given to us. We got 12 serves from it. Lots went into the freezer.
* 'Stocked up on teabags, choc melts, choc share bags and tinned beetroot all at half price. I used my food slush fund for these bargains.
* Made a batch of Dried Seasoned Bread Crumbs.
* Saved the shower water for the washing machine. Also saved the washing machine water for each next load.
* Dried all the washing on the line.
* Planted out the tomato plants my Dad gave me. Also planted lettuce, dwarf beans and climbing bean seeds. I'm using an old plastic doona cover packet as a mini hot house to get the seeds growing quickly.
* Grated up 8 bars of laundry soap for when I need to make laundry powder. I like to have a bucket full of grated soap ready to use. By doing it now, I don't need to do it during Summer in the heat.
* Ate free freezer meals ( leftovers ) two nights this week.
* Made pizza for one meal using pita bread and ham that was given to us a while ago and frozen.
* Spent under $10 this week for milk, fruit and veg.
* Picked silverbeet for one meal.
* Sorted out my Christmas present list for this year and made a great start on next year's birthday and Christmas list. I've added lots of homemade goodies to save money.
* Used frozen cooked apple to make apple crumble using the crumble topping mix.
* Didn't vacuum and mop on Wednesday like I usually do. This saved 20 minutes of electricity plus boiling the kettle twice to mop the floors. I usually vac and mop twice a week so it will still get done over the weekend.
* Used my watering can to water the veggie plants and seedlings. This saves heaps of water as I'm only watering the plants. If I used the hose , I'd be watering grass and dirt as I move the hose.
* Ripped up school notices for my little magnetic clipboard note pad
* Lined the bathroom bins with recycled freezer bags. Usually I use bread bags but I was getting too many freezer bags stashed away.
* Saved dish washing liquid bottles for future workshops.
* Darren poured worm tea on our fruit trees.
* Started using my homemade soap this week.
|A very big pot of curried sausage casserole|
|From the garden|
|My watering can|
What did you do this week that saved you time, money or energy ?