* Received a few belated birthday presents. I saved the gift bags, bubble wrap, tissue paper and gift boxes to use again some time in the future.
* Picked silverbeet for two meals,
* Went through all the birthday and Christmas presents I've stashed away for the next couple of years. I've now allocated them and written them into my present / gift book.
* Gratefully received a tomato plant and a few colored chard ( silverbeet ) plants from my Dad.
* Hand washed the dinner dishes a couple of nights.
* Dried the washing on the line and clothes horses ( when it rained ).
* Saved the shower warm up water to water all the fruit trees.
* Wrapped up my handmade rose soaps ready to give as presents.
* Made a double batch of Cranberry Hootycreek biscuit dough for the freezer. I baked some that day and the rest of the dough will be baked just before Christmas to give as presents.
* We ate freezer meals ( leftovers ) for dinner two nights.
* Filled up both the cars with petrol using discount dockets and paid $1.14 a litre. Darren's old car was on gas / petrol. Now that both our cars run on petrol we need to watch the price cycles carefully and use dockets to get the best price every time.
* Darren organised a better deal on both our car insurances. He saved $154 on mine and got a better excess and windscreen replacement included. For Darren's new car he saved $172. Our insurances were not that dear to begin with compared to what you see on tv. So we are happy with our savings.
* Bought rice bran oil on a better than half price sale. This will be used to make a different type of soap.
* Bought eight kilos of broccoli for $1.50 a kilo. I spent 1 1/2 hours cutting, blanching and freezing all of it. I even cut up most of the stalks and froze them to use in casseroles.
* We went out for dinner to celebrate Jessica graduating high school. We used a coupon for 25% off the food bill.
* Bought five legs of lamb for $5.99 kg from a new local shop called Fresh Value Market in Cranbourne. This will be enough lamb roasts for Christmas Day and until lamb comes on sale again next Spring.
* Made a batch of Miracle Spray to sell to a cleaning client. I also made a double strength batch to use at home. It's time saving to make it double strength then dilute it when it's decanted into spray bottles.
|Rose soaps wrapped to give as presents|
|They all look so pretty|
|Do you think I have enough broccoli ?|
|Raspberry plants are growing in leaps and bounds.|
|Cherries. We hope to get more than 6 from last year.|
|Our first ever pears. We hope they stay and grow.|
|Our only peach. The plant has curly leaf.|
What does your frugal list look like ?