* Picked, blanched and froze some broccoli from our garden. I also diced the stalks and froze it to be used in casseroles.
* Picked silverbeet for a couple of meals.
* Made Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins and sold them to a cleaning client.
* Fed the compost with all kitchen scraps.
* Sold four dozen eggs to friends and neighbours.
* Made lots of cards for up coming birthdays.
* Mended two pairs of socks.
* I thought my broccoli was almost finished. When I went out to check on it I found enough florets for another meal.
* Sold four of my handmade cards.
* Bought four packs of 16 roll Kleenex Cottonelle on clearance in Big W for $5 a pack. This was reduced from $15 and the rolls are extra long with 270 sheets each. I don't usually buy this brand but the price was too good to refuse.
* Bought some binder books in Big W for 20 cents each. These will be good for the girls for school and Uni.
* Darren emptied a compost bin onto a veg garden bed. This lifted the soil level for free.
* Gratefully received some teabag samples from Cath.
* Went craft shopping with Cath and picked up some bargain card making supplies. I bought lots of embossing folders for $3.38 each These retail for $6 in Spotlight. At one shop they had lots of free card making brochures. Some had images I can cut out to use on cards. Some even had free papers to use.
* Only spent $5.50 this week on milk and bananas.
* Bought some clearance bargains in Big W. Packs of 5 cards and envelopes for 50 cents. Packs of AA batteries 10 per pack for 50 cents, iphone screen protectors 3 per pack for $1. Packets of Bic pens 25 per pack for 50 cents. Plastic sheet protectors ( for paper ) 100 per pack for 50 cents. I was very careful to only buy what we can use.
* Dried the washing on the line and clothes horses. Saved lots of shower water and washing machine water for each next load.
* Made a quadruple batch of laundry powder.
|My birthday photo|
|Cards I made and sold|
|Our chicken's pretty eggs.|
|Pear tree in blossom|
|Darren's cherry tree|
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?