So here I am. Friday night and wondering what I did this week to save some money. Here's what I managed to get done amidst the busyness -
* Replanted 6 strawberry runners ( plants ) that were growing in the garden.
* Saved the shower water to use on the veggie seedlings.
* Picked lettuce to use in three of our main meals.
* Wrote a menu plan for the next four weeks.
* Fed lots of grass and clover to the chickens.
* Picked a couple of feijoas from the ground each day. I've enjoyed eating them as a snack.
* Sold four dozen eggs.
* Dried the washing on the line. I didn't do as many loads this week so there's a saving on the water use too.
* We put a deposit on a new side by side fridge / freezer this week. After getting a quote at one retailer, we went to another store and they bettered the other quote. The fridge / freezer was already on sale at a very good price too It always pays to ask for the best price possible.
* I did the monthly food shopping on Wednesday and stuck to the list. Always a bonus to stick to the plan.
* Found $1 in an abandoned trolley when I was taking mine back. A dollar is a dollar and will be used wisely.
* Gratefully received a few capsicums from my friend Maureen's garden a couple of weeks ago I diced and froze them into small portions to go in casseroles.
* Baked a few cranberry hootycreek biscuits and peanut butter choc chip biscuits using dough from the freezer.
|Easter decorations in our entry.|
|Eater dccorations on the kitchen dresser|
|Feijoas ripening on the windowsill|
How did you save money, time or energy this week. I'd love to see your frugal list.