* Made lots of olive oil soaps. The recipe will be posted next week.
* Picked lettuce, lots of tomatoes, raspberries, strawberry guavas and a few strawberries.
* Went to Kaisercraft at The Glen shopping centre for their 30% off store wide closing down sale. I stocked up on lots of craft paper, a few stamps and ink pads, die cuts and an embossing folder. Some of these items have been put away for Darren to give me for Mother's Day and my birthday later in the year.
* Made all meals from scratch using what we have on hand.
* Took lunch and water bottles when I was out at my niece's music concert over lunchtime. I also carried muesli bars when shopping. These came in handy as I ended up spending more time than planned at the shops " just looking ". The muesli bar prevented me from buying morning tea ( a saving of about $7 ).
* Took up a pair of Darren's jeans ( saving of $15 - $20 )
* Our ducted heating isn't working at the moment and the weather has turned a little cool. I dug out two electric fan heaters from the shed to use. Thankfully they work really well so I don't need them on for long. One can heat up a room in 10 minutes. I've closed doors so the heat stays in the area I'm in.
* Silverside ( corned beef ) was on sale at the supermarket on Thursday for $5.99 kg. We haven't had silverside on the menu for almost a year because it's been too dear. At this sale price you can imagine I stocked up. Thankfully the meat fund is healthy at the moment due to the freezer melt down reimbursement.
* Saved lots of shower water and poured it into the washing machine.
* Bought a laundry pack from our church for $5. The money raised from these packs goes to a charity called Zoe International. In the pack was a box of laundry powder, a box of dishwasher tablets, two microfiber cloths and a packet of pegs. One lady at church did a swap with me. She didn't want the laundry powder and I didn't need the dishwasher tablets. A win win for both of us.
* Made 7 jars of strawberry jam using fruit from our garden I'd been picking and freezing. I also made 8 jars of plum jam.
* Cooked another bulk lot of tomatoes into pasta sauce. Once again I weighed the cooked tomatoes into 410 gram tin portions and froze. I think that makes a total of 26 tins worth this year. I still have more tomatoes to cook so I might make tomato relish next.
* With the girls out and about a fair bit at night Darren and I were able to improve on the two light rule. Some nights we had one light on and other nights we had no lights while watching the tv.
* Knitted a dish cloth.
* Fed the compost bins with kitchen scraps.
|Dessert one night.|
|Olive oil soap|
|Silverside meat bargains|
Some of our meals this week.
|Homemade pizza. I added extra cheese after the photo.|
|Roast veggie and chicken flan|
|The flan being served with our lettuce|
|Make your own tacos|
|Roast lamb dinner.|