* Cleaned the dishwasher using vinegar, bi carb and Miracle spray.
* Made 10 1/2 jars of raspberry jam using our own fruit picked from the garden. I now have 40 jars of assorted homemade jam. Most will be eaten by my family and some will be given as presents.
* Darren and I had frozen leftovers for dinner one night.
* Planted three strawberry runners. One planter box had better performing strawberry plants than the other ( different varieties ) I'm hoping to eventually get rid of / give away the under performing plants and replace with the better ones for free.
* Planted three daisy cuttings to fill empty spots in the garden.
* Planted lots of broccoli seeds in the veggie garden.
* Replanted some cos lettuce seedlings amongst the established lettuce plants. The seedlings came from plants that had gone to seed.
* On Thursday I made 10 1/2 jars of tomato relish using our own tomatoes. I must say, it's the best tasting relish I've ever made. That night we had Krispy Fried Chicken drumsticks with our dinner and there was lashing of relish on our plates.
* Around our home we reused and recycled bread bags, freezer bags, one zip lock bag, pita bread bags and supermarket bags.
* Picked the last of the tomatoes, lettuce, raspberries, a few strawberry guavas and one feijoa ( so excited about the feijoa ) .
* Cleaned the kettle using citric acid and water. The boiled water was poured on grass growing in concrete cracks.
* Fed both the compost bins with lots of coffee grounds and grass clippings.
* Baked cranberry hootycreek biscuits for snacks.
* Dried all the washing on the line.
* Saved the shower warm up water for the pot plants. Saved the washing machine water as per usual.
|The last of our tomatoes ripening.|
|Afternoon tea with for Jessica and I|
|Corned beef ( silverside ) cooking in the slow cooker.|
I've updated my shopping list with the latest grocery tops up. The view the photos and receipts please click on this link.
Please feel free to share you frugal week with the other readers.