* Froze two single portions of leftovers.
* Stretched a meatloaf for two meals by adding lots of steamed veggies to the plate.
* Picked a few raspberries and feijoas from the garden.
* Wrapped up all the gifts to be given throughout May. I used discounted wrapping paper bought on Boxing Day and prettied up the present with strips of curtain netting. I think they look lovely.
* Used the dry mop to sweep the floors instead of the vacuum cleaner.
* Hand washed the dinner dishes a couple of nights instead of loading the dishwasher.
* Dried most of the washing on the line or clothes horses. I only used the dryer for sheets and work uniforms.
* Kept the heater off when possible during the day. I made sure the family room curtain was opened first thing in the morning to let the Sun heat up the room.
* Gratefully received a few bread bags and used them to line the bathroom bin.
* Replanted the broccoli seedlings I planted a few weeks ago. Some of the seeds germinated right next to each other and some didn't come up at all. I now have 19 broccoli plants evenly spaced out.
* Fed the weeds to the chickens.
* Fed the worm farm with kitchen scraps.
* Spaced out four potato plants that have grown from potato eyes thrown in the garden.
|Princess enjoying the sun|
What was on your frugal list this week ?