* Made dried bread crumbs using saved bread crusts I had in the freezer. I'll season the bread crumbs when the container gets low.
* Chopped and blitzed 12 bars of laundry soap ready to make laundry powder later in the year as needed.
* Gratefully received a few bread bags. They are the perfect size for our bathroom bins.
* Sold two dozen eggs.
* Saved lots of shower water and poured it into the washing machine. Saved the washing machine rinse water for the next load.
* Kept the heater off a couple of days when the sun was shining through the windows.
* Changed over the Summer doona ( duvet ) for the Winter one. Now we don't feel the cold at night and are no longer tempted to turn the heater back on.
* Completed an extra hour of cleaning work and an extra hour of ironing work.
* Came in under budget with my grocery shopping for the month.
* Dried most of the washing on clothes horses, coat hangers in the shower and coat hangers from the towel rail over a ducted heating vent. Only the sheets went into the dryer.
* Mended a jacket of Megan's. The seam had come apart on the sleeve Mended two pairs od socks.
* Megan cooked a big pot of chunky chicken and vegetable soup. She portioned it into takeaway containers and froze for her work lunches.
* Donated a bag of unwanted items to Savers and received a discount stamp.
* Fed lots of grass and weeds to the chickens.
* Made a small batch of ANZAC biscuits from dough had in the freezer.
|Cutting up soap before blitzing to make laundry powder.|
|Family meat pie, straight out of the oven|
|Mother's Day flowers from my girls|
|Making dried bread crumbs.|