* Gratefully received a big bag of beans.
* Sold 8 jars of jam and 3 bars of handmade soap to a friend.
* Gratefully received some tomatoes, a zucchini, a cucumber and glass jars from another friend.
* Saved the shower water for the washing machine. Saved the washing machine rinse water for the next load. This week I only needed to do three loads of washing.
* Picked beans and raspberries from the garden.
* Found some artificial flowers super cheap in an op shop. These will be used as part of the decorations for Jessica and Eugene's wedding.
* Only bought milk, lettuce and mushrooms from the shops.
* Cooked all meals from scratch. Froze leftovers when possible.
* Cleaned the inside of the kettle with citric acid.
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags. Most of them were used to line the bathroom bins. I put five bread bags in at a time so I don't have to do it each week.
* Sold two dozen eggs.
* Picked up more cleaning work to start in a few week's time. I'll be roping Darren in to help me due to some of the jobs being big ones.
* Made a deliberate effort to use what we already have in the pantry, fridge and freezers. That's why my shopping list had three items on it this week.
* Finished using a lipstick by digging down to the very bottom. By doing this I've doubled the life of the lipstick and saved about $8.
* Jessica and I picked up about 20 freebie pouches of yoghurt when we were at the shops. The staff handing them out gave us handfuls at a time.
* Made a big batch of scones for the planning meeting.
|Op shop find for $`1.99|
|Freebie yoghurt from the shops.|
|Bread bag bin liners|
|Scones for the planning meeting.|
There was a great response to the ' Use It Up ' Challenge posted on Wednesday. Will you join the challenge and save some money ?