Here's my frugal list for the week -
* Bought a big bottle of Dynamo laundry liquid at 1/2 price then made up a couple of bottles of diluted laundry liquid. I use two capfuls of liquid to 450 mls of water.
* Dried all the washing on the line and clothes horses.
* Diluted a bottle of vinegar with water at a ratio of 1 part vinegar to 1 part water. This is only good for cleaning purposes.
* Filled up my car when petrol dropped to $1.23 per litre. I generally only need to fill up every three weeks.
* Picked white roses from the garden for the kitchen and bathroom.
* Due to the mild weather we didn't use the cooling or heating this week. We just kept the doors open to get a fresh breeze.
* Picked and froze raspberries from our garden.
* Megan was able to source for free a wishing well and 67 glass jars with lids. The glass jars can be used as wedding favours and the wishing well will be used at the wedding.
* Received a refund in the mail for Listerine pocketpaks that were faulty. The refund will more than cover replacements. It's certainly worth letting companies know when their products fail.
* Dug into my glass jar stash and found enough glass jars of the same style and shape to use as candle holders at Jessica and Eugene's engagement party.
* Fed the compost bin with tea bags and kitchen scraps.
* Froze all leftovers for future meals.
* Put a few little hotel bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in the shower to use up as part of the ' Use It Up ' challenge.
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags. With Coles phasing out single use plastic bags in a few months, the bread bags will come in handy for kitchen rubbish as well as lining the bathroom bins.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
|In the garden|
|Dinner one night|
|Fresh baked bread.|