The first time I make this soup I looked up a few recipes on the internet. I combined a them to make my own. Megan, my daughter asked me to add extra vegetables to make it chunky.
Here's Megan's and my recipe -
1.5 litres of chicken stock.
! x 420g tin of creamed corn
1 x 400g tin of corn kernels
2 cups of cooked chicken bits or two small chicken fillets cubed and cooked
4 - 5 medium potatoes peeled and diced
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
2 teaspoons of dried ginger
2 sticks of celery, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons of dried onion flakes or 1 small onion finely chopped
75mls of soy sauce or two good dashes
1 tablespoon of dried or fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 packet of crushed 2 minute noodles ( no flavouring ) or three egg whites
Add all ingredients except the noodles or egg whites to a large saucepan. Cook until the carrots and potatoes are just soft - about 1/2 an hour.
Add the crushed noodles and stir through. Cook for a further 2 minutes. If adding the egg whites instead, lightly beat them in a measuring jug and slowly pour into the soup as you stir.
Serves 6 - 8
Can be frozen.
* Add extra potatoes or carrots if the soup doesn't look thick enough.
* I use Aldi tins of creamed corn and corn kernels. No name brands work well.
* I make the chicken stock in the slow cooker using chicken bones or frame with a couple of bay leaves. Then I freeze it for future use.
* If the soup needs more flavour, add a tablespoon of chicken stock powder.
* You can add whatever vegetables you like.
|Chunky Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup|