Wednesday 15 July 2015

We're Coming To Adelaide For A Workshop

Hi everyone.  I have some exciting news to share.

Cath Armstrong,  tv star and owner of The Cheapskate's Club and myself are coming to Adelaide to hold a one day workshop.  We are also being joined by Annabel from The Bluebirds Are Nesting blog.

This is our first ever interstate workshop and we are just so excited to be able to share our money saving tips,  recipes and skills with you.  This will be an inspiring day where you'll make new friends,  share ideas and learn some important life changing skills.

If you have friends and family who live in South Australia,  please share this post with them.  We look forward to spending a great day together.



Here's the information that Cath put up on her website with the booking link.


"The Art of Living the Cheapskates Way 1 Day Workshop is coming to Adelaide!

Come along and Cath, Wendy, Annabel and your fellow Cheapskaters for a day of fun, frivolity, food and frugality as they refine the Art of Living the Cheapskates Way.

During the day we'll discuss the art of living the Cheapskates way and share favourite Cheapskating tips and tricks for saving money, time and energy on your journey to living life debt free, cashed up and laughing.

The programme includes workshops, demonstrations, Q&A sessions and special guest speakers Wendy (moderator, $300 a Month Food Challenge) and Annabel (our very own frugal pampering expert).

Places are limited for this workshop to be held on Saturday 15th August 2015.

Click here for more information and to book your place now.

http://www.cheapskates.com.au/pages/default.cfm?page_id=44776"

12 comments:

  1. I want to come ... but Australia is a little far for me to travel!!!! I just know it will be a wonderful event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good news Wendy. I definitely hope I can make it. I am waiting to see whether hubby is working that weekend as he will have to drive me down to Adelaide. Hopefully he will know tomorrow :)

    Cant wait,

    Tania xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for thinking of me, Wendy. I would have loved to attend the Adelaide session but we will be in Melbourne that day - we have a French Odyssey cooking class booked for that day. I'm sure the workshops will be a great success!

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! You, Cath and Annabel will make a formidable team, Wendy! I wish I lived closer. I'd be there with bells on! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy,
    I have seen the workshop advertised and would love to come but I can't justify spending $155 to attend at present and I'm sure many others would be in the same positon. Was there no way to keep the pricing down, I was quite surprised that a Cheapskates event would be so costly.

    Hope you all have a lovely day.

    Kind Regards
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your concern Ann. Cath wrestled with the price but I promise you we are keeping it as cheap as possible. Out of the $155, Cath has to pay for flights for the two of us ( she's waiting for a bargain price ), hiring of the venue, insurance, accom, materials, transfers, food, etc etc. I'm sure there are more costs, I'm just remembering what Cath told me the other day.

      Other workshops held by well known gardening clubs charge this amount for 1/2 a day.

      I can promise you the money is well spent as you will get the money back in savings by using some of our tips and recipes. There's nothing like having things explained to you in person. I've seen light bulb moments many times at these workshops. People come in with nervous smiles on their faces and come away with big grins and happy hearts. The transformation is amazing to watch and the information shared is gold.

      Maybe you could ask the family to give it to you as a birthday / Christmas present. It might be a few years before we come back to Adelaide.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your reply Wendy. As with anything, the costs add up so quickly don't they. I agree, the workshop would certainly be good value and a lot of fun too. Have a great time.

      Ann

      Delete
  6. Hi Wendy.. just wanted to know if you were planning a workshop for perth western australia?
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are hoping to and have talked about it. Please ask your friends and family if they would be interested. It might be about the same price and we need 35 - 40 people to cover costs. Could you please contact me either here or PM me on facebook with an idea of how many people you think you can gather ? Ask them to start saving..

      Thanks

      Delete
  7. Hi wendy.. i will ask around.
    Thanks Kathleen 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Canberra????????????????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If 35 - 40 people are wiling to come. Start asking around Linda.

      Delete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.