Saturday 12 July 2014

This Week's Frugal Tasks

Each weekend I will be posting the frugal tasks I've completed during the week.  These tasks can be anything that has saved time,  money and energy no matter how big or small. Most of these tasks have now become second nature to my family and has helped us to live abundantly in other areas of our tight budget. You might have seen me demonstrate some of these things on tv a few weeks ago.  Nothing was made up for the story.  It's what I do every day to live the good life.

 I'm hoping this will give you some ideas that you can put into practice in your home.  Please feel free to post your frugal tasks too.  We can all learn from each other.

This weeks' tasks -

*  Saved the warm up water from the shower and poured it into the washing machine for the first load.
*  Saved the final rinse water from the washing and poured it back into the machine for the next load.
*  Poured my shower gel into a pump bottle and diluted it a little.
*  My daughter made lots of biscuit dough for the freezer and baked some to fill up the biscuit jar too.
*  Refilled the dishwashing bottle and diluted it by 50%. 
*  Dried the washing on clothes horses over the ducted heating vents.
*  Reduced the amount of washing I normally do. I'm getting the family to wear their clothes for longer than a few hours before they think they need washing.
*  Avoided using the clothes dryer although my husband used it for one load of washing when I was at work.
*  Cooked all meals from scratch.
*  Picked silverbeet from the garden to bulk out a meal.
*  Kept the heater temperature at 18.5 degrees instead of 20 degrees for a few days.
*  Scraped the peanut buter jar out to get every last drop.
*  Sold some eggs to a neighbour and friend.
*  Only had two lights on in the house ( most of the time ).

What frugal tasks have you done this week ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.