Here's what else I got up to this week -
* Fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps.
* I went into Savers op shop to donate a bag of bits and pieces. Instead of being given a discount stamp on my card, I was given a 50% off storewide voucher. So I made the most of the offer and bought four pairs of jeans, three tops, a jacket coat, three gifts and some bowls for my kitchen ( the same as I already have ). I paid a grand total of $47. The jeans were new or near new and well known expensive brands. Two of them retail for $120. The jacket was near new and also a well known expensive brand that retails for $270. YEP !!! I'm happy !!!
* Filled up my car with petrol at $1.17 per litre.
* Collected more feijoas from our tree.
* Reused and washed a snaplock bag. Reused bread bags, freezer bags and shopping bags as bin liners and to store food in the freezer.
* Found a few meat bargains in the supermarket. I even found salmon at 50% off. This will be a treat for Darren and I when the girls are not home for dinner.
* Baked lots of pita chips.
* Gratefully received a jar of olives, a bottle of soft drink and some chocolates from our ANZAC day lunch visitors.
* Sold a card in my Etsy shop last week.
* The family all ate leftovers for dinner the day after ANZAC day.
* Sold one dozen eggs.
* Did the usual water saving tasks around the home.
* We had the showers recaulked this week. So for the last few days we've been having baths with a little shower hose attachment. I think we've saved some water by doing this.
* Kept the heater off as much as possible. I've made sure the curtains are open when the sun is streaming through the glass ( free heat ).
* Made two batches of double strength Miracle Spray. I wouldn't want to run out.
* Saved a box and ribbon from an item Jessica bought. I've cut up the box and will use the patterned cardboard to make a couple of men's cards.
* Picked lettuce from the garden and used the last of our tomatoes to make a salad that fed us for two meals.
* Baked ANZAC biscuits for ANZAC day. I doubled the recipe and froze the rest of the dough to bake at another time.
|Homemade chunky chicken soup.|
|I'm still enjoying the feijoas.|