* Made lots of pita chips to munch on.
* Made lots of pumpkin scones for morning teas. These have been frozen.
* A fruit and veg shop opened up in the shopping centre where Darren and Megan work at the church cafe. They had opening day specials of tomatoes for 99 cents a kllo and bananas for 99 cents a kilo as well. Megan picked out some lovely produce.
* Reduced the amount of clothes washing I do by doing one load every day and only if I really need to . I've been doing this for the last three weeks. The first week I did six loads, last week I did five and this week I did six loads. Usually I do 8 - 10 loads so I'm very happy with the reduction. Hopefully I'll see a reduction in my water bill too.
* Gratefully received some bread rolls, cheese, sandwiches and small slices,
* Made a double batch of brown sugar.
* Made 14 jars of tomato relish with the cheap tomatoes Megan bought. Hopefully I won't need to make any more relish until next Summer. I have over 30 jars of relish for us to consume, to give as presents and to sell.
* Saved the warm up water from the showers. Some was poured into the washing machine and some was used to water veggie seedlings and my mango plants.
* Fed the chooks some kitchen scraps.
* We've been able to source some used coffee grounds. Darren has been putting them in our compost and some around the garden. I must say, the compost smells divine.
* This week we picked a few beans, corn, tomatoes and lots of raspberries.
* Gratefully received a few empty glass jars. These came at a perfect time as I was searching for smallish jars to make the tomato relish.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread.
* Made sweetened condensed milk. Some was used in a lemon slice. The rest was frozen into 1/2 tin and whole tin portions for future choc truffles and more lemon slice.
* Planted some broccoli and cauliflower seeds for Autumn / Winter growing.
* Picked lots of iceberg roses to make two posies. I used recycled pasta sauce jars as vases. I think they look beautiful.
|Our iceberg rose bush / tree|
|Such beautiful flowers.|
|Our lemons are growing well.|